238 rooms ·
Long And Cox Properties, Inc. and Richfield Hospitality along with a group of investors purchased the Ypsilanti Marriott in January 2006. This hotel had 235 rooms with approximately 13,500 square feet of meeting space, bar and a restaurant. The hotel is connected to an approximate 25,000 square foot conference center and is surrounded by an 18 hole championship golf course.
After purchase, Long And Cox Properties, Inc. oversaw an approximate $5 million renovation of the hotel that included:
- The elimination of one of the bars and the creation in its place of a second ballroom, the Elizabeth Ann, along with the complete refurbishment of the rest of the hotel’s meeting space.
- The complete refurnishing of all the guest rooms and parlor rooms and the enlargment and redesign of the concierge lounge.
- The complete reconfiguration of the hotel’s lobby under the new “Great Room Concept” by Marriott initiative.
- Building the View Bar in the hotel’s lobby which required the demolishing of the old lobby bar and the total reconfiguration of the lobby area in keeping with the “Great Room” initiative.
- The building of a completely new 1,000 square foot exercise room with state-of-the-art equipment which overlooks the golf course and Lake Ford.
- Reconfiguring the hotel’s front exterior to impart a better sense of arrival.
- The building of a wedding pavilion and the redesign of the land immediately behind the hotel to improve the view from lobby and restaurant.
- After the renovation and the completion of a dramatic overhaul of much of the hotel’s executive staff, the hotel is in the midst of a substantial turnaround in its revenues and profitability. We are very excited about the future prospects of this property.